Week 2

It's my 2nd week at I'll be spending at the client's office. The 1st week wasn't as boring as I expected it to be, cuz Ray (another intern) was here as well. But he left for another assignment.. Auditing isn't the same without him around. Haih. No more solitaire challenges. Lol.


 

I've never felt so out of my depth. My manager pointed out 15 mistakes I made in last week's auditing. I guess what I'm doing is pretty much different compared what the others are experiencing in EY, Deloitte JB, etc. But still, 15 is a depressing number. In the long run, things will be clearer I'm sure, as everything will be like a routine. Which is good and bad also.


 

I've never gained much pleasure working in Deloitte. But then again, with the exception of teaching, and maybe working with Giap, I've never gained any pleasure in any other job I did anyway. At least I had the comfort of receiving reasonable salaries, something which I can't say right now.


 

Every cloud has a silver lining, I suppose. After those torturous years in form 6, my brain has been automatically programmed to immediately look for any positives. True enough, there are a few. I made new friends, Ray and Samuel, I met a few hot colleagues. I enjoyed hanging out with Aaron, Jolene & Mun Teng after work. Plus, I've got a big project coming up as well. So, I guess life isn't so bad after all.


 

2 long months to go.

0 comments: